Flavours & fillings
- Vanilla, lemon, limoncello, Belgian chocolate, chocolate orange, chocolate mint, fresh berry, coconut, coffee, orange
- White chocolate, milk chocolate, dark chocolate
- Fresh cream, cream cheese frosting, fresh berries, jams, conserves, lemon curd, salted caramel, smooth caramel
- Classic vanilla
- Rich, boozy fruit (alcohol can be replaced with fruit juices if preferred)
- Chocolate fruit
- Rich chocolate
- Spiced carrot
- Zesty citrus (orange and lemon)
- Raspberry ripple
- Chocolate orange
- Coffee and walnut
Biscuits are left without ingredients such as chocolate chips to ensure a smooth surface for icing.
Placing an order
If you require a consultation to discuss a wedding cake or a large celebration cake, we would be happy to arrange a mutually convenient time with you. If you would like to taste a selection of cake flavours to choose from, please let us know which of our flavours you would like to try when booking the consultation.
Pricing & portion guides
A custom-made wedding cake will be priced according to the complexity of the chosen design, number of tiers/portions and flavours required.
We can advise on how best to design and present your cake for your special occasion.
- Our fixed price range of classic wedding cakes – please see designs on the relevant website page.
- 3 tier sponge cake £300
- 4 tier sponge cake £350
- 3 tier fruit cake £350
- 4 tier fruit cake £400
- 3 tier mixed fruit/sponge cake £350
- 4 tier mixed fruit/sponge cake £400
Topped with buttercream and fondant icing, prices start from £3 each.
Minimum order of 6 cupcakes of one flavour is required.
Larger cupcake displays will be priced individually, based upon design and flavour requirements.
Box of 6 themed cupcakes £24.
A minimum order of 12 biscuits of one flavour is required.
Terms & conditions
- A non-refundable deposit of 50% is payable to secure your order and confirm the date your cake will be ready.
- For wedding cakes, the remaining 50% balance is payable 2 weeks before the agreed date of collection/delivery.
- Cleared funds must be received prior to work on your cake commencing.
- Should you order a wedding cake with less than a month’s notice, we kindly request full payment at the point of placing the order.
- We are able to accept cash, cheque, BACS transfer or credit/debit card payments.
- For other celebration cakes, the 50% balance is payable on the agreed collection/delivery day.
Please be aware that the 50% deposit is non-refundable should you cancel your order more than two weeks prior to the completion date.
Should you cancel your order less than 2 weeks before the completion date, 75% of the balance is payable.
For wedding cakes and special event parties, we appreciate that you may not know exact numbers of guests until nearer the date of your event. We can amend your order up to 1 month prior to the event date, and adjust the payable balance accordingly.
Please be aware that we get many advance bookings and our order book may already be full on the week you require your cake. Early ordering and payment of the 50% deposit to secure the date is advisable to avoid disappointment.
Delivery & cake stand hire
We would recommend using our delivery and set up service for wedding or celebration cakes of 2 tiers or more. This service is free but we charge for mileage outside of Calne and the surrounding villages (75p per mile round trip) to safely transport your cake to it’s chosen destination. We can liaise directly with the venue should you wish.
Your cake will be carefully assembled by either Annie or Cathie. We will provide the necessary supports for tiered cakes and will ensure that it is safely and securely positioned. We will photograph the cake prior to leaving it ready for your event.
The Flying Pig Cake Emporium cannot be held responsible for any damage to the cake that may occur after we have left it at the venue and would advise that the cake (or the table it is positioned on) is not moved after the cake has been set up.
Should you wish to use a cake stand not supplied by us, we would be happy to use it, subject to our approving it’s suitability for the task.
We use a high quality fondant icing (sugarpaste) to cover our cakes and the boards they are presented on. Other options for cake covering include buttercream, ganache, royal icing and cream cheese frosting.
We want everyone to know that we take our data privacy responsibilities very seriously. Please be assured that we will not use your details for any purpose other than communication between you the client, and the Flying Pig Cake Emporium. You can at any time ask us not to communicate further or request that we remove you from our secure database. Any of your personal contact information we have is archived within our database and will not be shared elsewhere.